Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PatrickBateman

PatrickBateman

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 14 November 2009 - 03:17 AM

I have a weird problem with my computer. Evertime i click something on a program this message appears

C:\Windows\System32\brcpl.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

I got this computer second hand so i cant format my computer and re install windows. Any help would be greatly appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cod head

cod head

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:35 AM

brcpl.dll is not a virus it is part of the system restore programme.If you think you have a virus you should post in the I think I am infected forum.Have you tried clicking on f9 I think it is on booting up and selecting repair my computer.Can you do anything at all on your computer at the moment.

Also you can google windows vista recovery disc that is a free download.You can get it from pc world.http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,71039/description.html.If you cannot connect to the Internet download it on someone else's computer and run the disc on your own.

Edited by cod head, 14 November 2009 - 06:43 AM.

#3 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 14 November 2009 - 03:30 PM

hi,,,, recovery disc download here
http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vist...-disc-download/
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic