Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Had a lot of malware issues and they seem to be gone but?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ohyuna

ohyuna

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:13 AM

It started a few months ago when my son clicked one of the antivirus malware pop-ups. I had antivirus 2009 and the police one and a few others. Downloaded AVG and windows Defender. I had to redo my registry and fix all the processes they turned off. I finally rebooted from original install. I still had problems. The final one was the searchclick8. But I have had free and clear scans for three days. No weird processes but I can't get the hesanebo.dll to delete in my registry and can't find it in system32 file. Is there a better scanner that will find the viruses and malware that my other programs aren't getting because I think they are still there. Any help would be great. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:32 PM

Download Process Explorer
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb896653.aspx
Find hesanebo.dll, right-click on it and select Kill Process

If you cannot find it with P.E., try Autoruns:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users