Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE6 Web page size!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ratchet

ratchet

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 06 August 2005 - 02:35 PM

I mostly browse with FF, however, I occasionally visit sites with IE. Every site viewed with FF "fits" the monitor perfectly, however, if I use IE some sites are much larger (complete with left to right scroll bar!). Yahoo is the perfect example. I've enabled and disabled the settings in Accessibility to no avail. How can I resize these web pages without changing resolution or dpi? Thank You!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2005 - 04:13 PM

IE will remember the size of the last window it was opened in.

Use your cursor to drag the top, bottom and sides of the IE window to the edges of the screen, (if that's the size you want). Make sure the window you use is the only copy of Internet Explorer open. It should open that size from then on.

#3 ratchet

ratchet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2005 - 05:06 PM

http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs40&d=05316&f=ScreenShot002.jpg
FF

http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs40&d=05310&f=ScreenShot003.jpg
IE

#4 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2005 - 05:24 PM

Open IE>View>Text Size>change it to medium.

#5 ratchet

ratchet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2005 - 05:40 PM

It isn't the text size. It was set at smaller and changing it to smallest only changes the font size. Thank You anyway!

#6 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2005 - 06:26 PM

Well you can try to change the DPI setting.
Right Click Desktop>Properties>Settings>Advanced>General Tab>Change to Normal (96DPI)

See:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=820286

#7 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2005 - 11:26 AM

IE will remember the size of the last window it was opened in.

Use your cursor to drag the top, bottom and sides of the IE window to the edges of the screen, (if that's the size you want). Make sure the window you use is the only copy of Internet Explorer open. It should open that size from then on.

Then close IE with the X.

Did you do as above?

#8 ratchet

ratchet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2005 - 02:00 PM

That method also removed text. Per another site, there isn't anything can be done about it, it's an IE thing. They suggested using PrintPunk (free for 30 days) and it was the only way to resize without changing the page content. I went on a two hour freeware search and tried several apps, however, nothing worked as conveniently as PP! Thank You for you help and should anyone find a similar program to PP post it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users