Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thank you ^3

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rob Lister

Rob Lister

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:54 PM

Thank you :thumbsup:

I was infected with...I'm not sure but System Defender was part of it.
Whatever it was, it infected AVGfree, my google toolbar, google redirect to google.eu or something, wouldn't let me go to the AVG website (kept redirecting me), yada.

Also wouldn't let me update malwarebytes.

AVG reported Trojan Horse Agent_r.OT but wouldn't fix it. There errors were in [memory], or so it said.

I downloaded Combofix and it fixed it!

One thing though, Combofix requires no other software be active but I couldn't deactivate System Defender. When I ran Combofix, the pop-ups told me to deactivate but did not give me the option of cancelling combobox. I clicked the X but it ran anyway.

Anyway, I'm fixed. Thanks.

Edited by Rob Lister, 13 November 2009 - 06:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:33 PM

Hello Rob Lister,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer, it's good to see you here.

I'm pleased to here your fixed. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users