Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus System Pro *REMOVAL*

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MikeAgentOrange

MikeAgentOrange

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:04 PM

I wish these people would put their talents to good use and quit bothering us with their BS malware progams!!!

To anyone that has been infected with the stupid pain-in-the-butt "Antivirus System Pro" malware program, here is how i got rid of it.

The main problem is that it will not let you start Windows Task Manager to stop the malware processes or run any removal program to get rid of it.

Using another pc, download the following (2) programs and copy them to a thumbdrive:
RKill.com Download
Malwarebytes Download

Here is how i got rid of it:
As soon as your desktop starts loading, press "ctrl-alt-del" to open the Task Manager. If you wait too long, the malware will block you from running Task Manager.
Keep an eye on the processes listed and as soon as the first popup appears, you will see the process added to the list.
I found the processes were named something like "sysguard.exe" and "iexplore.exe" (iexplore.exe is your Internet Explorer starting to activate the popups)
Highlight the processes as they appear and click "End Process".
Keep doing this for a few minutes and it will stop the popups temporarily.
IMPORTANT: Do not confuse ending iexplore.exe with "explore.exe". If you end the process "explore.exe" it will close your desktop and shut down your pc
Now that your system is somewhat stable with nothing popping up, its time to rid it of the malware.

Plug in your thumb drive and run the RKILL.COM program. It will shut down any missed malware processes.
Run the Malwarebytes Setup program to install Malwarebytes it on your PC.
Run Malwarebytes and do a "quick-scan". When its finished it will ask to remove the malware that it found. Just say yes.
THATS IT...

I ran the Malwarebytes program again after it rebooted just to be sure and it didn't find anything else.

Hope this help someone out there...

AO

EDIT: Moved to a more appropriate forum

Edited by garmanma, 13 November 2009 - 04:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:18 PM

FYI: BC has a guide, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...irus-system-pro.

But your comments are appreciated.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users