Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

system tools

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Eleanor

Eleanor

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 06 August 2005 - 11:47 AM

Group: HJT Trainee

----------------------------------Start Copy----------------------------

Hi Bud ,
Statemgr was unchecked I tried checking it and going into my files again to try to uncheck system restore but it still wouldn't uncheck.

Did you check it and then restart your computer?

When I typed in msinfo32> a message popped up that windows can not find it . I tried search , no luck .I really appreciate you taking your time in helping me with this problem .
Eleanor

Start>Accessories>System Tools>System Information>Software Environment>Running Processes>look for stmgr.exe
You will have to do this after the above process.

Yes I checked it and then restarted my computer . I went on accessories and it only lists ,communication and entertainment . I remember that having more under it ?? Could I have checked or unchecked something on this computer that removed my restore program ???

That is why the command msinfo32 didn't work. You have more missing then System Restore. That command should work for all OS's (operating systems). I want you to Copy & Paste this post into a new thread in the Windows 98 forum and there will be more people see it and the procedures we use to fix this will help other people as the same way the thread with dtop helped fix your Word application.

-----------------------------Stop Copy----------------------------------------
Thread Subject
System Tools Missing from Programs

I tried doing what you said I hope I did it right.

I don't see it so I guess you didn't do it right.
Go to the windows 95,98, & ME forum (the same place you found the fix for Word) click New Topic then enter the subject I give you and the Copy the above message and Paste it in the discription box.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2005 - 12:06 PM

Ok Eleanor you did good and got the thread start I will update it so anyone watching will know what is going on.

Eleanor PM'd me letting me know she fixed a problem with Word following the steps in another thread and she had another problem so I had her start a new thread and this is were she stands. A quick fix I had her try didn't work and she has more programs missing so here it is.

Hi Bud ,
Statemgr was unchecked I tried checking it and going into my files again to try to uncheck system restore but it still wouldn't uncheck.

Did you check it and then restart your computer?

When I typed in msinfo32> a message popped up that windows can not find it . I tried search , no luck .I really appreciate you taking your time in helping me with this problem .
Eleanor

Start>Accessories>System Tools>System Information>Software Environment>Running Processes>look for stmgr.exe
You will have to do this after the above process.

Yes I checked it and then restarted my computer . I went on accessories and it only lists ,communication and entertainment . I remember that having more under it ?? Could I have checked or unchecked something on this computer that removed my restore program ???

That is why the command msinfo32 didn't work. You have more missing then System Restore. That command should work for all OS's (operating systems). I want you to Copy & Paste this post into a new thread in the Windows 98 forum and there will be more people see it and the procedures we use to fix this will help other people as the same way the thread with dtop helped fix your Word application.

#3 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2005 - 12:16 PM

Go to this tutorial and follow the steps and be sure to put a check mark in.
This says for Windows 98 but it should be the same for ME

http://www.dak2000.com/tutorials/Tutorial_...gComponents.cfm

Accessibility
Accessories
Address Book
Communications
Multimedia
System Tools

You can check any of the rest that are uncheck for you have plenty of disk space and they won't hurt a thing.

Then restart and lets see if any of the missing programs come back.

#4 Eleanor

Eleanor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2005 - 01:39 PM

Hi Bud ,
All my problems are solved . I am able to restore my computer the box is no longer checked . I also have system tools running good . The only problem I had was I checked , communication , I should have realized not to do that because I use cable, optimum online , to connect to the internet , by checking communication I lost my email and internet account . It took me awhile, but I figured out what I did wrong and unchecked that box .
Thank you very much for all your help .

#5 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2005 - 06:24 PM

Your're Welcome Eleanor
Glad to help. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users