Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 williac0374

williac0374

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 06 August 2005 - 11:43 AM

I was removing some programs and I noticed many listings for programs that are no longer on my computer. Some of these will give a "remove from list" message and will let you remove them from the list, but some will not. This isnt a terrible problem, but I would really like to know how to remove these that are cluttering up the list.

Thanks williac.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 06 August 2005 - 12:42 PM

Start/Run/Regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Each program listed in Add/Remove Programs has a subkey listed here. Locate the correct subkey for the program in question and right click it, then select Delete. You may want to choose Export, first, to export the key to a REG file. The REG file can be re-imported if you find you made a mistake.

See:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=247501

#3 williac0374

williac0374
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 06 August 2005 - 12:54 PM

thanks for the reply. I will start cleaning the list up now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users