Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan.Smitfraud.C

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bjfc

bjfc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 06 August 2005 - 10:05 AM

Hello
I am hoping someone here can assist me. I have the Trojan.Smitfraud.C on my computer. I have been able to recover the background and the tabs are back in the display settings but when I run any of the spyware, antivirus, adaware programs I get the pop up stating it is still on the computer
For example, I purchased Spyware Doctor because the add stated it would remove this.
I run it, it finds it, it deletes the files and registries it is in, and then tells me all but one file was removed and the one still there would be removed on reboot, when I reboot it is still there.
I am going crazy with this. I have purchased so many different programs now
I have Xoftspy, Ad-aware SE, Noadware, Spyware Doctor, Pest Patrol, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, Spy Sweeper, GOD all I am doing is running these programs I have not used the darn computer for anything other than trying to clean it. Something is in my C:/windows/system32/oleadm.dll that I can not remove no matter what I try to do.
I also have something popping up from the Trend Micro telling me I have something infected with ADW_MKTPLACE. and two files that start pkzb.
What else can I do to remove this stuff?
thank you very much for any assistance with this
barbara

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 06 August 2005 - 10:22 AM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer :thumbsup:
You could post a HiJackthis log in our HijackThis Logs and Analsis forum.

Before you do, please read the intructions in the How to submit a Hijackthis Log

Please be patient while a member of the HJT team has a chance to analysis your log.

It may take several attempts until your log is clean.

Good-luck.

:flowers:
JC

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 06 August 2005 - 10:37 AM

There's one additional program that we recommend before you post a Hijack This log and it's Spybot Search and Destroy. It's freeware so it will not cost you anything additional.

Let me also recommend that you run Spyware Doctor once more, but instead of just a regular reboot, shut the computer down when it asks for the reboot and start it again in safe mode. That may prevent a driver that's protecting the malware from being removed from starting.

In any case, if the above is not completely successful download Hijack This and follow the instructions given to you on our forum.

Read this pinned post in the HijackThis forum, here
Carefully read and follow all directions exactly.

Run a log, and post it in the HJT forum, at this link.

Do not attempt to fix anything yourself using the program.

A trained, expert member of our HJT Team will analyze your log and offer assistance.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the members of the HJT Team are kept very busy.
So Please be patient. This team is manned by volunteers. They will help you as soon as possible.

NOTE
Once you have posted your HJT log, please DO NOT make another post in the HJT log forum until your log posting has been answered by a member of our HJT Team.

The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to respond to, is 0 replies. If you make an additional post, it will show 1 reply.
A team member, looking to see if a reply has been made might assume someone is already assisting you and may not respond, assuming you have already been helped.

So, just post your log as instructed and wait for a response by a HJT team member.

Edited by Enthusiast, 06 August 2005 - 10:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users