Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Not Recognizing Drivers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 forgottenlove36565

forgottenlove36565

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:15 AM

Hey, I am having a few computer problems. I know my way around my computer a bit, but this problem has me completely confused!

I turned my computer on today, and I didn't get any audio and no internet connectivity. It appears as if my display drivers are working just fine, as I loaded up and the resolution was just fine, and if I try to hop into a game, it doesn't give me any errors other then no sound drivers. I know for a fact I have sound drivers installed, but just to be safe, I tried reinstalling them. After reinstalling my mobo and sound card drivers, still no luck. I go into control panel and then "Sound and Audio Devices" and there is no device listed. Everything is grayed out, also when I go to Network Connections, there are no ports available. I also tried to plug in an external ethernet card that works on another computer, and it wouldn't even pick that up. Its also not recognizing my USB thumb drive, I had to download the drivers from my laptop and put them on my Ipod to transfer them to my desktop, but it didn't do anything. Also, I checked BIOS, and it appears to recognize my hardware. I saw HD Audio device at the least.

I am on...

Windows XP SP3
EVGA E6600
EVGA 8800GTX
Creative SB X-Fi
4 gigs of Ram

Any help would be really appreciated...THANKS!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 D_N_M

D_N_M

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:09 AM

Hello forgottenlove36565
have you tried running a virus scan?
if so what antivirus did you use?
Can you locate and post a log of the scan back to this topic as we may be able to better assist you with your problem

Regards

D_N_M

#3 forgottenlove36565

forgottenlove36565
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:24 AM

AVG, nothing was detected. I would show you the log, but there is now way for me to get it. Previously, I used my Ipod to transfer data, but now thats not working either. It simply doesn't recognize my Ipod anymore when I plug it in.

#4 forgottenlove36565

forgottenlove36565
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:24 PM

Guess I'll ask elsewhere. Thanks anyways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users