Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bowserthedog

bowserthedog

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:34 PM

I have just reinstalled windows completely, now originally after being reinstalled, the sound worked good. Then I installed the full version of K-Lite Media Pack, as I had it on my previous installation of xp. This is when things went wonky :thumbsup: , I tried a youtube video, then it started going really fast (like it played a 4 minute video in 1 minute) and there was no sound at all. In itunes same thing (I heard no sound, but I could see that it was playing far too fast). So I uninstalled the codec pack and no change occurred. Now I installed my display drivers and I installed the basic version of K-Lite along with a reinstallation of the audio drivers (SigmaTel). Now everything plays at regular speed but I cannot hear anything. BTW, I can hear noise when I do the "speaker test" within the SigmaTel control program.

Im on xp pro SP2.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bobby-G

Bobby-G

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:54 PM

If you go to your device manager, are there any unknown devices? You may have a driver problem.

#3 bowserthedog

bowserthedog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:26 AM

there is a problem with a network adapter, but nothing with the audio.

#4 Bobby-G

Bobby-G

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:48 PM

If you havent installed anything important since you installed the k-lite pack - maybe just use system restore and go back to before you installed the k-lite pack?

I would update that network adapter driver as well afterwards.

#5 bowserthedog

bowserthedog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:39 PM

I have installed important things.

#6 bowserthedog

bowserthedog
  • Topic Starter