I have just reinstalled windows completely, now originally after being reinstalled, the sound worked good. Then I installed the full version of K-Lite Media Pack, as I had it on my previous installation of xp. This is when things went wonky
, I tried a youtube video, then it started going really fast (like it played a 4 minute video in 1 minute) and there was no sound at all. In itunes same thing (I heard no sound, but I could see that it was playing far too fast). So I uninstalled the codec pack and no change occurred. Now I installed my display drivers and I installed the basic version of K-Lite along with a reinstallation of the audio drivers (SigmaTel). Now everything plays at regular speed but I cannot hear anything. BTW, I can hear noise when I do the "speaker test" within the SigmaTel control program.
Im on xp pro SP2.