Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to view files and sub folders

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ShannoNix0rz

ShannoNix0rz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:40 PM

Hi there, I have a Dell inspiron 1525 laptop with Windows Vista Basic and a really strange occurance happened to me while I was saving a document from Mirocsoft Office Word. When I when to go save it there was no text box to rename it or choose the file format. Then I went to open up Explorer and there was no directory only the the C: drive, CD drive, and other drives but when you click to explore them theres nothing inside! It wasn't deleated or anything because the hard drive still showed memory was used. Even when I opened up Control Panel there was nothing there! Just a window with nothing in it.

But after restarting it, it was perfectly fine...
then happend again a week later. Restarted it. and it was fine.

I don't know if I have a virus, or something. I did scan it for viruses but nothing came up.
I recently had the "blue-screen-of-death" happen I'm not sure if that has any relevence though.

I would really apprecitate it if someone could tell me what the problem was, and if my files are at risk.
If not, then would replacing the hard drive work?

Please bare with me with technical infromation, I'm not too bright with computers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aus Smithy

Aus Smithy

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 14 November 2009 - 02:43 AM

Try the System File Checker - it fixes damaged system files:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66978-sy...fc-command.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users