Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What kind of cigarettes do you smoke?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 bestof

bestof

• Banned
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:32 PM

If you're a smoker and would like to share some info or personal favorites, post em!

A personal favorite of mine are Camel Turkish Golds. Very flavorful.
I also enjoy the occasional cigar. All i can get around my are though are the cheap stuff like phillies and dutches.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MishY

MishY

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:07 AM

Posted Image

Edited by MishY, 13 November 2009 - 12:07 AM.

#3 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:02 AM

I only smoke Kools

#4 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:46 AM

Back when I smoked, I smoked Marburra. (Marlboro) But I quit about 10 years ago. Had to quit drinking beer too. Just can't drink a beer and not have a smoke! :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:30 PM

I smoke the kind that catch fire.

As long as they do that properly, then I'm happy.

#6 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:05 PM

As few as possible. If I buy a pack then they're Marlboro Reds. If I'm bumming usually its Camel Turkish Golds or Newports (menthols work well for stuffy heads)but I try to smoke as little as often so I usually chew Grizzly or Copenhagen.

Posted Image

#7 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:27 AM

bestof..maybe you can get these in your area.....i've tried em..*Giggle* an thaey ain't half bad.....

http://www.famous-smoke.com/brand/backwoods+cigars

as far as smokes go, at one time er another i think i've just about smoked em all......
right now i'm smokin "Pall Mall blue"or "Parliments"
my list to date goes like this:
Marlboro(i think just about everybody start's out smokin those..)
Virginia Slims Menthol
Pall Mall Gold
marlboro Menthol
kool
true
saratoga
generic
camel
vicroy
native american
parliment
now
merit
doral
carlton
pall mall blue
and the ever popular..OP's( other peoples)

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#8 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:56 AM

Missplaced, I think you're right about most people starting out on Marlboros, I know I did, as did all my friends. I have not smoked many different kinds though. I started with Marlboro, tried Camels, then went to Marlboro Menthol for a while but before long I tried Kools and I have smoked Kools ever since.

The only other ones I ever even tried were as a kid I stole one from my Grandma, so it served me right that it was horrible, that was a Territon100, yuck. An ex of mine smoked Raleighs so I tried that, just as yucky as the Territon. It was many years before I tried any other kind and then it was a Newport that my son thought I would like better than Kools. He was wrong, even though those are alright, I still prefer Kools. I am glad I like Kools better than Newports, as around here, Newports cost a lot more, I think they are the most expensive brand.

So, what does everyone pay for their smokes these days?

I have been paying 45.61 (including sales tax) a carton here at Walgreens, which is the cheapest place I have found them. Last I bought them at the 7-11, which use to be the cheapest, they were 48.50. I haven't been to a smoke shop for them in a long time but the last time I did, they were a little more expensive than the 7-11 was at the time so I quit going there, besides, none of them are open late enough for me. Btw, a year ago, I was paying 37.37 a carton, including sales tax, at the 7-11. The taxes on them skyrocketed in the last year.

This is in Utah, btw.

Edited by Stang777, 15 November 2009 - 04:00 AM.

#9 jmaeishi

jmaeishi

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:10 AM

Well, I don't smoke but I used to.
And, my sister recently went back to smoking, and turned my hubby on to "American Spirits."
They both like them a lot because they have less side effects (the nicotene consumption is only goal, why distract?) and they burn longer and they say they taste fresher.

You can also buy loose in can, so could save money.

However, in any case a smoker's hands and breath stink after they enjoy the cig so please wash hands and gargle and drink a ginger ale or something :-)

Jae

#10 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:30 AM

Don't smoke but in college I used to sell Pall Mall lucy's at frat parties in college. I bought them for $9 a carton and sold them for $1 a cig. Easy money :thumbsup:

#11 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:12 PM

paying 3.75 + tax per pack of marlboro's here. I can remember when they were $2 after tax. thats sad.

Posted Image

#12 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:37 PM

@ Stang777....
I once tried winston's( ifergot to add them to the list...several of my Aunt's smoke them..i found them harsh)
I've also tried "Roll yer own", i have a friend that does "Roll Her Own" and it's a lot cheaper that's for sure....
I can remember when all i paid for a carton of Marlboro's was $5.25, and I had a friend at work at the time that still had his BX priviledges, he could get mine for $2.00 a carton...those were the day's!!!

Right now i'm payin $38.37 for Pall Mall Blues at the local sheetz.. I have only been into one of those "Discount Ciggarett shops" ONCE, their rip off's they charge more then anybody else in town.....

I also fergot to add Salem's to the laundry list, I smoked them for years.....
and Lucky Strikes( I didn't find them so lucky...yuk!!)

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#13 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:54 PM

Here in Pittsburgh, a carton of Marlboro Lights ( what I smoke ) is right around $55.00 a carton.

I take a run to West Virginia every 2 weeks and buy 2 cartons for $45 something a carton. The taxes just keep gettin higher and higher. My thoughts are that they figure if they make them more and more expensive, we'll all quit.

What a crock.
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#14 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:28 PM

:thumbsup: < hint

#15 Brewster Down Under

Brewster Down Under

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:30 AM

Hmm, I smoke White Ox rollies witch is a Dark Dutch Tobacco but there's greenies in here some where :thumbsup:

Edited by Brewster Down Under, 16 November 2009 - 10:53 AM.

Blame It On The Dog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users