Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installed Lexmark printer to new laptop (running Vista) but it won't print

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 purple80s

purple80s

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:05 PM

I got a new laptop and connected and installed my existing Lexmark X1270 printer but it won't print to it. You can see the document in the queue and it says "Printing" but it doesn't do anything (for 10+ minutes). When I try to cancel it it says "deleting" but again gets frozen on that status (for 10+ minutes). When I tried to uninstall the software so I could try to reinstall it won't let me - it gives me an error message of "Lexmark 1200 Series is current in use. Please wait until the printer has finished printing and then uninstall." I have never been able to print successfully print to this printer from this laptop (Dell Inspiron 1525 running Vista). I had no problems printing to it from my work computer (also a Dell running XP) and my other computer (a Latitude X300 running XP - I believe). Any ideas on next steps?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 purple80s

purple80s
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:41 PM

Here's more info. When I rebooted my computer the "stuck" document was gone out of the printer queue. Tried to print something else and the same thing happened. Once I got the 2nd document cleared out by rebooting, I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and it's still doing the same thing...

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,742 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:14 AM

Uninstall everything Lexmark...from Add/Remove Programs and delete the printer via Printers & Other Hardware in Control Panel.

http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=cont...d=1258128147091

There used to be a Lexmark Uninstall Utility but I don't see it now. IME, Lexmark printers don't uninstall cleanly without it, leaving services and registry entries on the system...which interfere with subsequent efforts to reinstall.

I used to manually just edit the registry for anything that was "lexmark" and delete the items found, doing the same procedure for files.

Louis

#4 Ted McLain

Ted McLain

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:20 PM

If I understand the problem correctly I think hamluis is on the right track. I had a similar problem with Vista running on a Dell Studio 1536 with an AMD processor. You might want to check out this link:

http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=cont...d=1258128147091

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users