Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Modem not recognized

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bally

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 06 August 2005 - 09:06 AM

I've installed WinVista twice: 32 bit and 64 bit. In both cases everything went pretty well, except my dial-up modem seems invisible to the OS. I have XP on the same machine and the modem works fine with that OS. I'm not sure what brand the modem is, but the XP driver is ESS ES56H-PIData Fax Voice Modem.

I've tried installing that driver in Vista and get no response. It's as if the modem is not even installed in the PCI slot; I can't even find its IRQ number. Anyone else have modem issues? What can I try to get this thing to work?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,434 posts
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 06 August 2005 - 04:13 PM

At this point if running the supplemental driver program, or trying XP drivers does not work, then we just have to wait for a driver to come out for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users