Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Urgent. Please Help With Windows 7.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 n3xtgen

n3xtgen

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:03 PM

I recently installed Windows 7 Professional 32Bit on my ASUS M50VM-1A Laptop and no drivers are installed. I cant even get the CD/DVD Drive to show up in the explorer, there is no power to it. Where can I get the drivers to everything to work?

How do I fix the CD/DVD problem?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SwiftHawk

SwiftHawk

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Location:C:\Universe\Milky Way\Sol\Terra\Canada\Quebec\Montreal\Home

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:48 PM

N3xtgen,

I'd assume you'd want to try going to ASUS website and trying to install drivers from there. If they have no Win7 drivers, you might want to try using Windows Vista drivers as they will work as well.

Cheers,

#3 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:10 PM

Also, check the "Window Update" section.

The drivers may be there, waiting for you to install them.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#4 bitstech

bitstech

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:59 PM

As SwiftHawk said, Vista drivers will work on 7, so you may want to find Vista drivers and install them. If you don't know what kind of hardware is installed, you can go to the device manager and do a search for the hardware id of the components that do not have drivers. Most times if you put the hardware id into google, you'll get a list of forums where people posted them and you'll see what the names of the specific pieces of hardware are.
David
Info Blog

#5 Eric RBA

Eric RBA

• Members
  • 252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:16 PM

As SwiftHawk said, Vista drivers will work on 7, so you may want to find Vista drivers and install them. If you don't know what kind of hardware is installed, you can go to the device manager and do a search for the hardware id of the components that do not have drivers. Most times if you put the hardware id into google, you'll get a list of forums where people posted them and you'll see what the names of the specific pieces of hardware are.

Also, like Swift said, check for Windows Updates to see if any driver updates are available there, but you'll have to make sure that your computer is configured to allow Windows to get those updates for you.

Edited by Eric RBA, 13 November 2009 - 04:48 PM.

I would never ask a person to do something that I wouldn't do myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users