Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hay am new and enjoy the blog

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Frisky-Piro

Frisky-Piro

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:41 PM

Hello. learning all i can about windows and other OS's. I love the N900 cell phone, Linix and how interconnectivity can bring our world closer and help people understand / find out about it.

I work in a Data Processing using the old AS400 Iseries mainframe. Learning about IS and the functions on how things operate behind the sceens.

I am looking forward to learning all I can from the seinor members and hope to become an informed person on detecting problem dll's and their fixes.

I started to feel safe using my pc at home untill i started getting trojans on it. I use to use HJT years ago and now that i need it again was suprised it had Trend-Micro in front. Well a challenge and knoledge will only help me become stronger and made me realize that effort and hardship is the only way to see the world with a true eye.

Nice to meet you,

Frisky

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:11 PM

Hello Frisky and welcome to BC
There is a pretty good backlog in HJT so please be patient
Good luck
My 2 year old GD loved Dora as well
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Frisky-Piro

Frisky-Piro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:58 AM

Thanks for the reply i really respect what this forum is all about and hope one day will be able to help some myself.. Any classes that you would reccomend in taking, or is this sort of thing a "you better really love doing it!!" kind of deal.

I have learned that the honesty of a child will bring out more of your person then even you thought possible. Grandkids will help you refine it without all the work and money. (I hope)

Frisky

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 13 November 2009 - 10:43 AM

you better really love doing it!!" kind of deal.

That helps
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Frisky-Piro

Frisky-Piro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:02 PM

Hmmm where do i start..... I am using ubuntu on a Toshiba satellite that someone gave me because their girlfrends puppy peed on it.. is working great.. My desktop is using the 64bit version. My router is now using dd-wrt. All is working well and firewalled correctly. I will be using windows 7 after a bit but getting my berings on linix first. (got a copy of it w/o the $500 tag)

-Work crazy
-15.5 hrs in a car w/ a 2.5 year old (she was the sane one) for turkey day
-labtop repair 101 (my first)
-this sight rocks and has launched me into a frenzy

Thanks so much!!!!!! I will be keeping in touch

Frisky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users