Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi Everyone

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 slayor

slayor

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 06 August 2005 - 06:54 AM

[SIZE=7][FONT=Impact]
:thumbsup: Hi everyone, I'm a Newbie so I thought I would just say "HELLO",
Plus I have a query if any1 can help me plz, I am not quite sure how to manually remove folders, so any hints or tips will be gratefully recieved.
Thank You
Lynn :flowers:

[color=#FF0000](moderator edit: Email address removed to protect member from spambots. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 06 August 2005 - 12:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2005 - 08:36 AM

:thumbsup: to BC! slayor.
Its not good to put your e-mail address on open forums because spam bots will pick it up and send you even more spam. Also it seems that you are having trouble with the BBCode. Please read this. BBCode Help, Choosing font, size,& color etc.

Good Luck,
yanowhiz

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2005 - 12:26 PM

Welcome to BC!
1. Never post your Email address is a public forum.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Usi...mes-t16954.html

2. Removing a folder is no different than removing a file.Right click on the file and then "Delete" it. This will delete all the contents of the file, so be very careful before deleting it.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 HoverCraft

HoverCraft

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2005 - 02:43 PM

ahh.. my first day and i am posting off thread! slayor, if u do not want to be a CPU slayor,,, BACKUP your HARDdrive befor u go deleting folders...Then if u get DELETE-HAPPY, because of the Obvious sense of power it gives us, or maybe just like the free diskspace, u can Restore any folders or files that looked like clutter but were in reality necessary (sp?) for the well being of your O/S
(operating system. Windows,linux,etc...)
Good Luck and Many Happy Deletes!!

Ps if ure not sure about a folder, ask AWAY.. many peeps find it FUN to share thier knowledge, or like me, like to hear themselves Talk! or see it as the case may be. :thumbsup:

pps it helps helpers if u tell forums a bit about your CPU (intel? AMD? Pentium1,2,3,or4? 80186?) and your operating system. (win3.1? dos? linux? winXP?)

WELL i guess u guys KNOW me Pretty good by now, I'm off to other threads!
:flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users