Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Device Manager 2 Unknown devices Help?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mackiain

mackiain

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:30 AM

I clean installed an ASUS Laptop Model a2500h, Windows XP Home edition SP3.

There are two drivers that I can't seem to locate. The Hardware ID's are as follows.

ACPI\WEC0515
ACPI\WEC0517\4&19A7495A&O

I know ASUS often has utility programs that show up as drivers, for example I had the ACPI\ATK0100 which was listed as an UNKNOWN DEVICE, and I installed that utility fine.

I am just not sure about the other two. I was told on another forum that it could be something to do with the sound drivers, but I suspect it is one of ASUS' little utility programs.

Any help would be appreciated. Also if any additional info is required, let me know and I will post it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fernando8381

fernando8381

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:51 AM

You can go to asus's official website to download drivers, in most cases is a sound card problem.
Or you can go to download a "My Drivers", to another similarly configured machine up a backup drive, then copy to your computer up.Good luck.

#3 Senlis

Senlis

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:52 AM

This is just a suggestion, but I have a subscription to driveagent.com for these types of issues. It doesn't cost very much and is invaluable in these types of situations.

Other than that, the simple solution is to figure out which devices on the laptop do not work/do not seem to have a driver listed anywhere, and then go to ASUS support to get said driver.

#4 mackiain

mackiain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:57 AM

I have gotten most of the drivers off the ASUS website, at a very slow pace (6.0kb/sec) their site just runs horribly slow sometimes.

I will try and install all the small utility files they offer and see if that fixes the problem. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

#5 Ken-in-West-Seattle

Ken-in-West-Seattle

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:11 AM

Check your asus driver disk or site for a memory stick or multi memory card reader. Should be winbond but might be branded otherwise.

Could be called an sd card reader or something like that.

I just looked in at the asus site and it is a mess. Searches are nearly useless. Is your laptop considered a 200 series a2h?

#6 mackiain

mackiain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:17 AM

Check your asus driver disk or site for a memory stick or multi memory card reader. Should be winbond but might be branded otherwise.

Could be called an sd card reader or something like that.

I just looked in at the asus site and it is a mess. Searches are nearly useless. Is your laptop considered a 200 series a2h?

Yes it is, if you go to the Utilities section you see that the ATK0100 is listed there as well as 5 other files, I think it could be one of those. It's just killing me to download at 6kb/sec....

EDIT: Ok wait I might have figured it out.

In the Others(3) section there is

SmartIO Driver Ver:2.0.2003.0506 For Win2K/XP
USB 2.0 Driver Ver.1.01.01 For Win 2K;Win XP

I am betting it is those two... I will try and let you guys know. Hopefully it doesn't take all morning.

Edited by mackiain, 12 November 2009 - 10:20 AM.

#7 mackiain

mackiain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:50 AM

Wow, it was the SmartIO Driver. Awesome, thanks for all the help everybody, this forum is great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users