Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

3870x2 not displaying

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ellypho

Ellypho

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:27 AM

Hey guys
I just bought a 3870x2 to upgrade my computer for the year and i am having trouble with the card. I have just done a fresh install of windows 7 ultimate. When I boot up my system i get 1 beep (OK!) however i get no activity from my display after 30 i hear windows 7 booting. I have put the card in a different system with my own PSU and have to run on the onboard video until i installed the catalyst driver and rebooted at which case it worked fine. So it must be something funny with my system. I ran my system with a 7300GS and had no issues and figured maybe if i installed my catalyst driver from there i should be fine but it`s still blank. Now i'm here asking for some insight. :thumbsup:

So here are my system specs
Mobo: Asus M2N-E
RAM:2x2gb Corsair 1066mhz
CPU: Athlon 6000+ x2
GPU: ATI 3870x2 (not working) Nvidia 7300GS,8600GT (works)
PSU: Thermaltake 600ap

test system
mobo: M2n-mx se plus
RAM: kinsgston 1gb 800mhz
cpu: Athlon 4800 ( I think)
GPU: on board, 3870x2
psu: the same thermaltake 600ap

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help! vme˘trjniprhn0isdnfna-dfsijnvpijfdn :flowers:

Edited by Ellypho, 12 November 2009 - 09:28 AM.

CompTIA A+ certified

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Senlis

Senlis

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:40 AM

Have you contacted ASUS to ask them about it. I suspect they will tell them you need to flash your bios for it to work.

#3 Ellypho

Ellypho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:25 AM

Well my gaming rig is a school so i have not been able to call. However i will try resetting it by taking out the batterie. (that is what you mean by flashing my bios right? (I know newbie question)
CompTIA A+ certified

#4 Senlis

Senlis

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:34 AM

That is resetting the CMOS settings.

Flashing the BIOS is updating the instruction set in your BIOS. It involves downloading a BIOS update and flash utility from ASUS, putting both on a floppy, and then using them to update your BIOS. ASUS should provide specific steps on how to do it.

Something I was not told is you may have to reset your CMOS after flashing if your computer would not start.

Flashing the BIOS is a risky procedure. If it is not done right, or you lose power during the process, there is almost no way to fix the motherboard. However, when I screwed up my motherboard's BIOS, I called ASUS and they told me I had a lifetime warranty for that problem. They sent me a new ROM chip with an updated BIOS.

Here is the manual for your motherboard. I would take a look at it before you do anything. I am still downloading it.
http://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket...0_m2n-e_sli.pdf

#5 Ellypho

Ellypho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:45 AM

Oh it's not SLI it's a single card on a non sli mobo.
CompTIA A+ certified

#6 Senlis

Senlis

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:48 AM

then: http://www.manualnguide.com/manual-get/10294/

#7 Senlis

Senlis

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:04 AM

You can look through ASUS's FAQ page for any help on the issue, though I didn't see anything related at a glance.
http://support.asus.com/faq/faq.aspx?model...SLanguage=en-us

#8 Agar

Agar

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:00 PM

Well you aren't the only one. I am having the exact same problem. Did the flash work or did you resolve this problem. I am going to test the card in another computer today to make sure it does work but the system boots just fine and i can hear Windows XP come up. Please let me know what happened. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users