Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem loading

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 johnnaY

johnnaY

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:42 AM

Problem started 11/09/09 Was taking its sweet time loading .tried running malwarebytes it removed one infected item but the problem is still there. think we picked it up on facebook. Please Help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Senlis

Senlis

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:24 AM

What is stuck loading? It doesn't sound like its Windows if your could run Malwarebytes.

#3 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:53 AM

Did you do a restart after removal of infected item with Mbam as Mbam dosen't carry out the full procedure until a restart !

Edited by doinmeedin, 12 November 2009 - 09:53 AM.

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#4 johnnaY

johnnaY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:46 PM

Malwarebytes was done in safe mode. The computer locks up no matter what it's trying to run after a few minutes. Have done a restart several times. Am at a total loss as which way to go next.

#5 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:56 PM

Is this a desk top or tower?

Besides the infection, which may be gone now.....or not. It sounds like it may be an over heating problem. If you have never or it has been a while since cleaning the interior of your case please READ HERE.

#6 johnnaY

johnnaY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:01 PM

It is a Gateway Laptop. You feel the fan blowing hot air out .so i think its running ok.

#7 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:04 PM

Still would not hurt to get a can of compressed air.

Another question? Since it is a lap top what type of surface are you\do you use it on?

#8 johnnaY

johnnaY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:06 PM

It is used on our lap or on a table. With the lap top where do you shoot the compressed air

#9 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:20 PM

Good that you use it only on a hard surface. Using them on a soft surface can restrict or even block proper airflow and still cause heating problems even though the fans are running.

Regarding the compressed air. Depending on the model of lap top there will be one or more vents. May be located on the side(s) and or bottom. With the machine turned off and unplugged, removing the battery would not hurt either, a few short bursts in all vents should be good.

Regarding your slow boot problems. It is still possible you are infected or the residuals of the infection MBAM found are still lurking. I would suggest reading then posting on the Am I Infected board. Basically the contents of your original post should be sufficient. When you get a clean bill of health from them, if your problem persists then please post back here and we will see what we can do.

#10 johnnaY

johnnaY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2009 - 10:12 AM

After looking in Problems and Reports ..It tells me that my problem is a blue Screen Problem .Is there a way to Fix or remove this Problem

#11 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:54 PM

After looking in Problems and Reports ..It tells me that my problem is a blue Screen Problem .Is there a way to Fix or remove this Problem

You never mentioned a BSOD = Blue Screen of Death. I will assume that is what you mean by blue Screen Problem.

Do you ever get a blue screen with white printing followed by the lap top shutting down and\or restarting?

Or does the PC just lock-up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users