Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dumprep, drwtsn errors on shutdown

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NewHorizon1

NewHorizon1

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 12 November 2009 - 06:48 AM

I have an ongoing problem with numerous errors each time I shutdown my XP Pro workstation.

The first error to popup says: dumprep.exe Dll initialization failed. The process failed to initialize because the system is shutting down.

If I do nothing, I get lots of Windows error sounds, but the PC shuts down. If I click OK, I get the same error message for the following processes: dw20.exe, dumprep.exe (again), drwtsn32.exe, dwwin.exe and dw15.exe.

It doesn't seem to affect the operation of the machine, but something is clearly wrong and I'd like to fix it. Any ideas?

Many thanks,
Kara

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Senlis

Senlis

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:37 AM

my favorite first step with these type of problems is to run a 'chkdsk c: /r'. Type it into a run prompt (windows key + r; type 'cmd' and press enter). It will want you to restart, so do. Be sure to pay attention at the end of step 5 to see if there are any bad sectors. The chkdsk results will dissapear automatically, so you have to watch it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users