Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with "Security Tool"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 brittneyigoodgame

brittneyigoodgame

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:20 PM

Hello!

I have been infected with "security tool" and I am desperate to get rid of it! I have been trying to follow the self help area of bleepingcomputer.com to get rid of it, but i am already at a loss. I have downloaded and ran rkill. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working. It popped up a little black screen (which I know is normal) but it only flashed on and instantly dissapeared. I have waited to see if anything happens, and it doesn't seem to be working...I still have not even been able to restore my desktop. I am desperate for some help- any advice? How should I approach this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:59 PM

Hello have you tried and failed with all 4 RKill links?

If so run this.
Some rootkits can terminate your security tools by changing the permissions on targeted programs so that they cannot run or complete scans. Further investigation is required to determine if this is the case with the issues you have described.

Please download Win32kDiag.exe by AD and save it to your desktop.
alternate download 1
alternate download 2
  • This tool will create a diagnostic report for me to review.
  • Double-click on Win32kDiag.exe to run and let it finish.
  • When it states Finished! Press any key to exit..., press any key on your keyboard to close the program.
  • A file called Win32kDiag.txt should be created on your Desktop.
  • Open that file in Notepad, then copy and paste the entire contents starting with Running from... to Finished!) in your next reply.
Then go to Posted Image > Run..., and copy and paste this command into the open box: cmd
press OK.
At the command prompt C:\>, copy and paste the following command and press Enter:
DIR /a/s %windir%\scecli.dll %windir%\netlogon.dll %windir%\eventlog.dll >Log.txt & START notepad Log.txt
A file called log.txt should be created on your Desktop and open in Notepad.
Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.

-- Vista users can refer to these instructions to open a command prompt.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users