Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE cannot display home page

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zuko

zuko

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:36 PM

Operating system is Windows XP Pro with option of Vista, but I am using the XP and that is where I'm having the following problem; When I click to get on my home page I get a reply that Internet Explorer (8) cannot display my home page. A session with a tech resulted in the diagnosis that it's a software problem (MS). Now I haven't had my computer that long and am being furnished Windows 7. So my question is; If I'm to install windows 7 in place of XP, will that make the MS software problelm that I'm having with XP go away?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ken-in-West-Seattle

Ken-in-West-Seattle

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:01 PM

Your problem seems to be with IE which is not required to surf the net or to get to your home page if it is served on a publicly accessible web server. Can you get to it on the machine you are using right now?

Install firefox and see if you have any problem.
Install chrome, or opera or even safari.
Can you get to the page on other computers? Are you willing to post it here so we can see if it is available?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users