Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with Nag after loggin

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 home_user

home_user

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:51 PM

Hi I am trying to get rid of a nag (error screen) I get when one of the users in my PC logs in. They get an error
saying that windows can not find the file. It appears to happen on one user (non-admin)

The file is flr.exe and it is in the documents and settings folder of the user. How to get rid of this? I can't find
much on the web about this file so my guess is that I broke a link to this file when I did a PC clean up.
This started happending right after I did a routine cleaning of Malware I do on my PC. If this is not the right
area please redirect me. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:32 PM

There is no reason for any .exe file to be located in a Documents/Settings folder.

Can you post the exact message as it appears onscreen?

Louis

#3 home_user

home_user
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:48 PM

Windows can not find "c:documents and settings\mom/flr.exe" Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.
To search for a file click the start button and then click search.

Again this happens only for "Mom" user right after logging in

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:13 PM

I have no clue...a google for flr.exe yielded nothing I consider useful...and .exe files have no business in Docs/Settings.

You might try using Autoruns to see if there is a pointer for such program/file there that is being responded to.

AutoRuns for Windows - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx

Open the program...look only on the Logon tab. If you see an item pointing to this file location...simply disable it.

Louis

#5 home_user

home_user
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:09 PM

Thanks. I got rid of it

#6 hamluis

hamluis