Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Re-Login to acess network.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dahoe

Dahoe

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:53 PM

Hi there,
i have a network in the office with a server running Small Business Server 2008, 1 desktop & 1 laptop running Vista Ultimate after being upgraded from Vista Home Premium, 1 desktop running Vista Business and a laptop running Xp Pro.
The Network setup is a router (Dir-655)with an unmanaged switch (DGS-1008D) attatched, the wireless is turned off on the router as it's not needed at the moment. There's also a USB print server (DPR-1260) attatched to the router but the problem was there before this was installed. This also has wireless turned off at the moment.
The problem i'm having is with the desktop running Vista Business.
For some reason when i start it sometimes i can't access the network and have to log out and change user then enter my username and password again and when i login i can now access the network.
This can happen frequently or intermittently.
Thinking it might be to do with Hibernation i've disabled it.
The network runs dhcp and the network card is configured to "Obtain ip address automatically".
Anybody got any ideas as to why this might be happening to this one pc?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users