Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Several "strange" things going on in WinXP

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 s1mp13m4n

s1mp13m4n

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:52 PM

Hello everyone. I have a laptop that has Xubuntu and WinXP installed on the same hard drive. I mainly use Linux for day in and day out use. I use WinXP to play a game now and then and make legal DVD backups. I have not used WinXP for a month and have been logged in to Xubuntu. My audio is not working (Realtek HD audio), yet the sound card shows up in device manager and so does the system volume control, etc...I simply do not have sound. Malwarebytes was giving an error message but I can not make it give it to me again. Malwarebytes will not scan nor update itself without this error popping up. Spybot S7D found nothing. AVG is 45 mi in to a scan and has found nothing so far. I ran a Hijackthis test and have that log file if you need it. I ran CCleaner as well and it did whatever it does in its cleanup. I have performed a disk cleanup in Windows as well and done a Windows update.
What is going on with my laptop? It is a Chembook laptop...put together build it yourself kit. Update, AVG found nothing wrong in the complete system scan. I also do not use IE unless it is Windows update. I use Furefox as my browser.

Edited by s1mp13m4n, 11 November 2009 - 02:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users