Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

system restore

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 pinkfuzzyslippers

pinkfuzzyslippers

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:39 AM

Hey everybody my first time here! Iwas doing a system restore and right now it is in "finalizing file restore" it has been there for about an hour. Is it supposed to take this long or is my computer stuck.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:57 AM

Be patient and wait, it maybe that your puter needs a good defrag aswell after this due to the amount of files you have and apps and software you have installed, unless you've been on some dodgee sites and picked up a virus, but it's more likely the first thing i said, so just wait !

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#3 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:28 PM

hi,,,,stop the restore in task manager and try turning off the av before doing a system restore,,, this usually works.
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#4 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:36 PM

hi,,,,stop the restore in task manager and try turning off the av before doing a system restore,,, this usually works.
good luck.

Hiya Figgis i think your a bit late with that because i think the restore is already on its way thats why i said "just wait" !

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#5 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:19 AM

good luck.

Hiya Figgis i think your a bit late with that because i think the restore is already on its way thats why i said "just wait" !

ah,,, the restore is in progress,,,,,, mmmm,,,, wonder if you can stop one with no adverse affect,,,,, wonder if its still going on ????
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#6 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:56 AM

Hiya Figgis, me thinks it must be sorted as there's no response to our suggestions ! :huh:

#7 pinkfuzzyslippers

pinkfuzzyslippers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:33 PM

thanks for all your suggestions had computer down going to try restore one more time

#8 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:38 PM

hi,,, no worries,,,, take the pc off line then turn of the anti virus,,,, then try the sys restore,,, you will find it quicker,,,,
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#9 pinkfuzzyslippers

pinkfuzzyslippers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:20 PM

will do , thanks figgis

0 user(s) are reading this topic