Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Addresses disappear from URL Bar

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bobo81

bobo81

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:37 AM

Hi Guys,

I have Vista Ultimate x64 working on Explorer 7.

Lately my web sites which are in the URL address bar seem to disappear by themselve. It happens after about a couple of weeks. No cookies or internet temp files are deleted though. I havd adjusted the size of the cache and all and it is still happening.

Any ideas cause I am totally lost? :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:40 AM

hi,,, i dont use ie, but have a look around in tools internet options under general tab click on settings in browsing history then at the bottom of this window where it says history,,, change "days to keep history" and see if this helps,, also change the space used for temp files to the max,,, 250mb i think,,
hope this helps,,,
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:50 AM

Have you got "ccleaner" if not download it from http://www.cnet.com/ this will give it a good clean out just make sure you save any temp files that you want to keep before running it though as it will clean everything out !
Hope this helps ! :huh:

Edited by doinmeedin, 11 November 2009 - 11:51 AM.

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#4 bobo81

bobo81
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:25 PM

Thanx guys. The "days of keeping URLS" is actually for the the history, the address bar URLS should not disappear.

I have CCcleaner and use it but this problem still persists. Any more help is much appreciated.

#5 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:44 AM

So if you have done all the usual things it seems to me as though your infected with malware / spyware so getting yourself over to "Am i infected what do i do" would help you more i think,lets face it web sites which are in the URL address bars don't just seem to disappear by themselves do they !!!
Good Luck !

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users