The computer is infected with Anti-virus System Pro (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antivirus-system-pro) I was hoping it would be a quick fix however it has turned out to be a nightmare. I don't have the computer in front of me now as it is not mine but I will outline what I have tried.
MWB can install but will not run(rouge anti-virus pops up saying this is a dangerous program)
- I have tried renaming the install exe and the exe that is in the mwb directory after install
- I have changed the install directory
- computer will not boot into safe mode(Throws blue screen)
- I've tried creating another user account this is not possible as account manager does not open
- I've tried running the latest rkill by grinler
- I disabled any processes or services related to the rouge program that were noted in the bleeping computer uninstall tutorial
- Disabled all non windows services
- again tried many of the steps listed previously
Combofix will not run
- Please don't fault me for mentioning this here I know you do not support it. I have received training using the programs and writing scripts but will not seek help here as it is against the rules. I just thought I would mention that it will not run.