Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

copy, paste, cut functions is gone

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Genix

Genix

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:36 PM

yeah, it's gone or disabled, I don't know. all I know is that it doesn't work anymore when I deleted it. This is what it is:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\h@tkeysh@@k.dll
it was quarantined and deleted successfully
now I want it back, but I don't know how to. I googled it and it was use as a shortcut keys for the copy, paste, and cut (BTW: right clicking and selecting copy and paste didn't work too)

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT! PLZ AND THX

and it would be even better if someone could help me out on this post right here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/270543/mwrioyexe-friend-or-annoying-foe/
EDIT: "h@tkeysh@@k.ddl" don't know if it's friendly or not, but I don't care!

Edited by Genix, 11 November 2009 - 04:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:49 PM

I would be very surprised if that file has anything to do with being able to copy and paste. I do not have that file on my system and have no problem with copying and pasting.

Pretty much all the hits on my search of it on Google show it to be malware, one that is a keylogger.

Edited by Stang777, 10 November 2009 - 09:51 PM.

#3 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:51 PM

I would suggest you please await a response to your initial referenced post in AII.

Please be patient. As you can see the forums are quit busy, in particular any dealing with infections. Wait to get a reply, follow the directions given by a Member of the staff. Once you are pronounced clean please feel free to post back here should your above mentioned problem persists.

#4 namron7002000

namron7002000

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:02 AM

HI i had a similar problem a while back ,found if i highlighted whatever i wanted to copy & pressed Ctrl c then opened where i wanted to paste it & pressed Ctrl v it works good hope this helps

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:13 AM

Other alternatives: (so you can copy/paste scan results if a malware helper asks you to do so. As ThunderZ stated, it would be best to get your malware issues taken care of before you do anything else)

1) Highlight what you want to copy. RIGHT click and choose COPY.
Place your cursor where you want to paste, RIGHT click and choose paste.

2) Highlight what you want to copy. Choose EDIT at the top of the page (this is also in programs such as Word), choose Copy. Place your cursor where you want to paste, click EDIT again, choose paste.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 11 November 2009 - 12:16 AM.

#6 Genix

Genix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:17 PM

I just wanted to say that you people are not helping! I know how to cut, copy and paste. it's either right clicking and selecting it or using the ctrl button + x, c, or v. I read in the internet that it is my clipboard is disabled or gone, I don't know. BUT I WANT MY CUT, COPY AND PASTE BACK! is there any program i need to download to get the function back?

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:35 PM

If you deleted a legitimate file, and if that file was associated with a keyboard hotkey, and if you installed keyboard software so you could set hotkeys, try reinstalling the software.

#8 Genix

Genix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:10 PM

If you deleted a legitimate file, and if that file was associated with a keyboard hotkey, and if you installed keyboard software so you could set hotkeys, try reinstalling the software.

how?

#9 LeDrew

LeDrew

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:16 PM

C:\WINDOWS\system32\h@tkeysh@@k.dll

h@tkeysh@@k.dll is a known .dll installed when you use game "trainers."
It's usually seen as a false positive with everything because it logs key strokes to activate the cheats in game.
The program should have nothing to do with your copy and pasting functions.

Sounds like a corrupt registry or shell. Try running Mbam again and restarting your computer.

#10 Genix

Genix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2009 - 06:57 PM

I reformatted my computer, so everything is clean of viruses. Thanks for the help people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users