Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All search engines on my computer are disabled..?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kimby25

Kimby25

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:35 PM

Hello, so..I am new here..however, I frequent the board to answer a lot of questions that I have about my computer, especially when it comes to viruses and malware. Anyway..

I have a NEW problem..

So, it was brought to my attention that my computer is for some reason not allowing ANY search engines to work! Very strange. When I try to search anything in the google window it goes to :Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage and asks if I want to diagnose connection problems to which I try and it says there is NO connection problem(espcially since every thing else works and seems to be connected). This is only happening when I try to go to yahoo, bing, google etc. I even installed my latest updates that I needed (I use XP) for windows and also intalled Explorer 8...to no prevail. This is driving me crazy. Any suggestions..? Could this be malware related..w/ out displaying any other symptoms of such..? I ran MBAM already and nothing was infected. I've checked all the internet options that I know of..could it be simple..? Help...please. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users