Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer always starts with set up

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 peel

peel

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:17 PM

each time i turn it on, theres a black and white screen and the bottom line of text says Press del to run setup. And I have to press it to continue. Then I always have to exit setup after that and then itll take me to the windows log in screen. How can I get it so I dont have to manually do this each time and it will automatically skip set up and go to log in screen?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:10 PM

Are there other options besides set up press delete ?

Example ; Press any key to boot etc.

You might want to post your PC specs, in the case someone more knowledgeable than I should happen along, I'm sure they will, you might also want to find out and post what device the machine boots from.

Good Luck !

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

#3 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• BC Advisor
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:57 AM

each time i turn it on, theres a black and white screen and the bottom line of text says Press del to run setup. And I have to press it to continue. Then I always have to exit setup after that and then itll take me to the windows log in screen. How can I get it so I dont have to manually do this each time and it will automatically skip set up and go to log in screen?

There is a reason that this is happening: Something in the BIOS Setup Menu is NOT correct, and you are required to fix it. You need to find out what that is.

Some things to look at might be ...
floppy drive not working ?
time and date incorrect ?

Have a close look at the screen that you are shown: There may be a message/indication on that screen about the problem.
AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

#4 peel

peel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:55 PM

Setup is the only option available. I have a DEll computer. Older model running on XP. Also, the date/time wont stay set. (I change it to current date but it keeps going back to Jan 1, 2002 when I go on next day)

#5 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• BC Advisor
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:03 PM

I have a DEll computer. Older model running on XP. Also, the date/time wont stay set. (I change it to current date but it keeps going back to Jan 1, 2002 when I go on next day)

The battery is flat: That is the problem.

Replace the small battery on the motherboard.

How to replace the CMOS battery
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000239.htm

Edited by AustrAlien, 16 November 2009 - 08:08 PM.

AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users