Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound suddenly stopped working HELP!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gear Wolfen

Gear Wolfen

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:34 PM

I have an audio device installed and when i check it its says everything is working properly but everything that uses sound wont work properly i have no sound. It was working fine yesterday, i havent updated anything or installed any codecs i havent even restarted my computer since yesterday when sound was working. my computer fell asleep while i was sleep and when i woke it and turned on my music....nothing. i restarted it before i logged into the forum just now and it said the audioeng.dll is not compatible or is missing and i've uninstalled the driver without deleting everything about it and it reinstalled on reboot and STILL DOES NOT WORK i need help.
I using vista 32 bit on a dell desktop

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 youthedog4

youthedog4

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:49 PM

Go to control panel >> Hardware and Sound >> Device Manager >> Sound, Video, and Game controllers >> *Audio Device*, write down the names of the devices and uninstall all of them. Then go google.com and search for them. Install all of them and restart you computer. Come back to me with results.

#3 Gear Wolfen

Gear Wolfen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:04 PM

OK same outcome. uninstalled drivers should i have chosen to also delete the driver software as well? it still cant find the AudioEng.dll for anything that uses sound. i have ABSOLUTLEY NO IDEA how to fix this problem

#4 youthedog4

youthedog4

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2009 - 08:00 PM

Try system restore.

#5 Gear Wolfen

Gear Wolfen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2009 - 08:10 PM

also failed

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:10 PM

What is the model number or the service tag number of the Dell?
It will be on the back of the tower

Edited by garmanma, 10 November 2009 - 10:10 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users