Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mwrioy.exe friend or annoying foe?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Genix

Genix

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:04 PM

I have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (good stuff right there) and I am currently doing a quick scan. I got this virus from my school computer, because I have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware on my flash drive. So I plug my flash drive in hopefully to get rid of that virus, but failed. It turns out that virus had infected my flash drive (I'll deal with it later). I google it to get rid of this virus and found Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. I downloaded it and run a quick scan of my computer. I got rid of the virus (BTW: it's the thing that keep saying your computer is infected), and now I have a new problem. When I restarted my computer tons of "pop ups" starts popping out and it is freaking annoying! This is what it said:

The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\payukiji.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

Every time I launch something, it keeps popping out and driving me crazy! So now I'm doing a quick scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, and discovered what is slowing down my computer other than the scan. It is mwrioy.exe, now this is taking up my CPU by 50% and I tried to end its process from my task manager, but failed.
Now I need someone to help me with this, I want mwrioy.exe GONE! Please and thank you.

UPDATE 5 MIN LATER: The Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware quick scan is done, and it didn't found anything. and the mwrioy.exe is still freaking there!

EDIT: I accidentally deleted my shortcut keys for the copy and pasting, could anyone help me restore it? thx
EDIT: myrioy.exe is identify as a HIGH RISK WORM (so it's an annoying foe), it's a good thing I don't do business on this computer, rather buy a laptop and do it on that anyway. So i need to get rid of this 'worm', I got Prevx 3.0 now I just need the license key (which I'm not buying!) to remove it. If there's another way to remove it, I would owe you a BIG favor.

Edited by Genix, 10 November 2009 - 06:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:07 PM

I got Prevx 3.0 now I just need the license key (which I'm not buying!) to remove it.

Per forum rules:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

Now if you prefer to try and do it our way we will help you

Download Process Explorer
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb896653.aspx
Open it and look for myrioy.exe
Right-click on it and select Kill Process

Then
Update mbam and run a FULL scan
Please post the results

Edited by garmanma, 11 November 2009 - 11:07 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Genix

Genix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:00 PM

after I shut down my computer last night, I can't seem to turn it back on this afternoon. I can not boot it in safe mode either. So I have no choice but to reformat my computer. everything is clean of virus/worms now. I thank you for your time to read this, and I apologize in advance for wasting your time. Thank you.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:00 PM

With the nasty rootkit that is going around, sometimes it is best just to start over
Good luck
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 kherel77

kherel77

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:51 AM

I've already scan with MBAM & antivirus at my secondary drive. After that i can't just double click to open it. Need to use right click - open @ explore. It's say windows cannot find MwrIOy.eXE file. i know it's a virus or something but why windows need that file?

how to restore it to normal (double click to open it)?

Thank a lot guys for any information.

:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users