Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Purchase Template: Budget $500 w/ monitor

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cheazy

Cheazy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:50 PM

Hi I'm looking for an all in one deal that I will be able to connect my PS3 to the moniter and still get HD like 720p. I dont know much about computers so I'm hoping you guys can help.

My budget for the new computer is: around $500 or less

What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc)? mainly music, youtube videos, and some games

What software do you intend on using on the computer? nothing to crazy, maybe ableton live

Do you play games? If so, what type of games? if i play it will be world of warcraft so maybe a graphics card that will be able to handle that at high settings

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it? i have a lot at once

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer?
yes a lot of music

Thank you please give advice and for the monitor I'm looking for maybe 18-22, and i think it needs a DVI so it can be HDMI - DVI I'm not very sure as I'm new with computers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RainbowSix

RainbowSix

• Members
  • 604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:27 PM

This is a good monitor for PS3: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824236053
I have no idea what kind of computer for $350 could handle WoW on high, though.
[ Antec 1200 v3 | Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 rev. 3.1 | AMD Phenom II x6 1090T (overclocked to 4GHz) | Corsair XMS3 4x4GB DDR3 1600 | COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 600W & Visiontek Juice Box 450W | SAMSUNG 470 Series 64GB SSD | WD Caviar Black 640GB & Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD | 2x XFX Radeon HD 5770 in Crossfire | SAMSUNG 22X DVD±RW | Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit]

CompTIA A+ certified
Stringfellow Electronics

#3 Cheazy

Cheazy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:36 PM

well possible medium also would be fine.

#4 RainbowSix

RainbowSix

• Members
  • 604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:02 PM

Even that is going to be a stretch. The best thing I could tell you is to get the lenovo IdeaCentre H210 H3643 and add a Geforce 9400GT. Not only does that total well over $500, I'm not even sure that will work because I don't know what kind of PSU it has.

Edit: I found that it has a 280W power supply. Newegg's power supply calculator added everything in that computer (including an extra video card) to a recommended 284W. It should work, but I'm not going to guarantee anything.

Edited by RainbowSix, 10 November 2009 - 06:17 PM.

[ Antec 1200 v3 | Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 rev. 3.1 | AMD Phenom II x6 1090T (overclocked to 4GHz) | Corsair XMS3 4x4GB DDR3 1600 | COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 600W & Visiontek Juice Box 450W | SAMSUNG 470 Series 64GB SSD | WD Caviar Black 640GB & Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD | 2x XFX Radeon HD 5770 in Crossfire | SAMSUNG 22X DVD±RW | Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit]

CompTIA A+ certified
Stringfellow Electronics

#5 gumbi33

gumbi33

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:14 AM

I Used to play WoW on this computer. I have a 2.8 ghz single core, and a Nvidia Geforce FX 5200.... Ran WoW great, and thats a terrible graphics card, so I doubt you'll need anything fancy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users