Mount point destination : \Device\__max++>\^
You are definitely infected
It is a very persistent infection and I really recommend that you reformat if at all possible
If you insist on trying
Try this other scan instead of DDS
Include the win32diag log in your post
Please download RSIT
by random/random and save it to your Desktop.Note: You will need to run this tool while connected to the Internet so it can download HijackThis if it is not located on your system. If you get a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding Rist attempting to contact the Internet, please allow the connection.
- Close all applications and windows so that you have nothing open and are at your Desktop.
- Double-click on RSIT.exe to start the program.
- If using Windows Vista, be sure to Run As Administrator.
- Click Continue after reading the disclaimer screen.
- Leave the drop down box set to default: "List/folders created or modified in the last 1 month (30 days).
- When the scan is complete, a text file named log.txt will automatically open in Notepad.
- Save the log file to your desktop and copy/paste the contents into a new topic in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, NOT here.
: Be sure to mention that you tried to follow the Prep Guide but were unable
to get DDS to run.
If RSIT did not work, then reply back here.The HJT forum is very busy so there is a bit of a wait involved
Please be patient and good luck
Edited by garmanma, 10 November 2009 - 05:43 PM.
why won't my laptop work?
Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook