Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BlueTooth Help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 13mx

13mx

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 05 August 2005 - 02:00 PM

I hope some one can help me out with understanding bluetooth. Lets say I have two computers with bluetooth adapters. Does that mean I can transfer files between them.

If I can is that hard to setup?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 05 August 2005 - 09:21 PM

Here's a couple of sites that may help with understanding Bluetooth.

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/bluetooth.htm

http://www.bluetooth.com/
JC

#3 13mx

13mx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2005 - 10:50 PM

Thanks I understand the technology now. But niether of the sites answered my question.

I know that you can link a cellphone, or pda to a computer using a usb adapter on the computer.

But can you link a desktop, to a notebook, using 2 USB adapters. and if you can would you then be able to access the internet, via the network established?

Posted Image

Edited by 13mx, 06 August 2005 - 11:36 PM.

#4 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 07 August 2005 - 09:28 AM

First off, I have never used BlueTooth for networking computers.

I found another bluetooth device that claims that you can transfer files.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...ac&ATT=ZUB6111C

If you take a closer look at the specs it shows that the range is limited and the transfer rate is slower than other methods. I prefer using a wired or other wireless technologies for connecting computers. To me, bluetooth looks great for peripherals and devices that that connect at a short distance and require slower transfer rates.

Interface USB 1.1
Bluetooth Standards Bluetooth V1.2
Transfer rate Up to 723 Kbps
Antenna 2dBi PCB Antenna
Range 32.8ft (10m)
Transmission Power Class 2
Power Consumption Tx Typical: 64mA
Rx Typical: 41mA
Standby Mode: 28mA
Sensitivity <-88dBm at < 0.1% BER
Operating Systems Supported Windows Win 98SE/Me/2000/XP, MAC 10,3,5
Dimensions 1.93" x 0.67" x 0.35"
Features
Features Class 2, 20-30M; Support Bluetooth Function; Serial Port; Dial Up Networking; Fax;Headset; PIM Item Transfer; PIM Synchronization; File Transfer; Network Access; Audio Gateway; HID

I hope this helps...

Edited by Joshuacat, 07 August 2005 - 09:28 AM.

JC

#5 xxxkittenxxx

xxxkittenxxx

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2007 - 03:25 AM

I really hope sum1 can help me here, cuz all im trying to do is send sum pictures from my fone to my computer using my bluetooth device and i've bin at it now 4 3 hours trying to figure it out n this is the last straw until i crack n jus say f*** the whole idea! ahhhh! i can easily send pictures to my laptop doing exaclty wot im doing on this computer but im getting no where fast! i try to send a picture to this computer and my fone cant find it! its like this computer doesn't egsist! and yet it seems to have installed properly :S im so confused, wont sumbody help? xxxxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users