Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Using the internet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bkrafty

bkrafty

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 05 August 2005 - 01:32 PM

Hi all. Congratulations on being the first site that google will come up with when searching for "Windows Vista forum."

So, I've been trying to surf the web with IE 7, and having quite a few difficulties. In fact, about 75% of the sites I try to visit come back with a "cannot display page" error. I tried every download site I could think of to find a copy of Firefox, and nothing was working. Then I downloaded it, and Opera, on my XP machine, and transferred it to my Vista machine. Both browsers installed just fine, but I'm still having the same problem. Is it that the sites are simply incompatible with Vista, or am I the only one having this issue?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 woody529

woody529

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 06 August 2005 - 02:53 AM

Exactly the same problem for me, pages wont load and those that do are often incomplete, tried IE7,Firefox and Opera with same results. I've checked Lan and network settings, I'm getting good pings and minimal packet loss with full speed downloads ! It's baffling me ? :huh:

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 06 August 2005 - 03:52 PM

Thats strange as I am not having any problems whatsoever. In internet options of IE 7 i did disable the detection of proxy settings. Though this really shoudl not cause any problems, this is a beta so may be something to look into

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users