Try running this application and then run mbam
Please download Rkill
by Grinler and save it to your desktop.Link 2Link 3Link 4
- Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
- If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
- A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
- If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
- If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
- If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
Do not reboot the computer or you will have to run it again
When you cannot update mbam download the definition updates
from another computer, save them to a flash (usb, pen, thumb, jump) drive or CD and transfer to the infected machine. Then just double-click on mbam-rules.exe
to install the update. If you cannot transfer or install from the infected machine, try installing the file directly from the flash drive to your machine.
Mbam-rules.exe is not
updated daily. Another way to get the most current database definitions is to install MBAM on a clean computer, launch the program, update through MBAM's interface, copy the definitions (rules.ref
) to a USB stick or CD and transfer that file to the infected machine. Copy rules.ref to the location indicated for your operating system.
- XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Vista: C:\Documents and Settings\Users\All Users\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
If you cannot see the folder, then you may have to Reconfigure Windows
to show it.
why won't my laptop work?
Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook