Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disk Boot Error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jeeberz

Jeeberz

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:21 PM

I recently had a problem with my computer that caused me to completely reboot my system. I had Windows Vista 32 bit at the time, so I reinstalled that. Before I reformatted, the problems I was having evolved into a Disk Boot Error. After I reformatted, I downloaded the Windows 7 upgrade and installed it. Everything on the new OS works great, but my computer still won't start without the Vista disk still in the drive. If I take it out and try to restart or power on, I get the old Disk Boot Error screen, and I have to put the disc in and restart and it works fine (after the "Press any key to start from CD/DVD" screen, of course).

I dunno what to do about this or why it's doing this. Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jeeberz

Jeeberz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:50 PM

Oh, and after talking to a friend, this might be helpful information. I have two linked HDs, and when we were reformatting, my girlfriend deleted my partitions. Dunno if that matters or not.

#3 uByte

uByte

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:51 AM

sounds to me like she might have deleted your boot manager. If you boot to the Vista dvd there is an option that says "Repair your Computer" (On the install computer screen) select that one and it should check your boot manager and if it is not right it should fix it automatically. It will run through a startup test and fix the problem.

Try that and see what happens.

uByte

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users