Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wireless traffic

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bombicri

bombicri

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:12 PM

I have a laptop with Windows XP Proffesional.
At home I have an ADSL Internet line with wireless router.
At work I connect to the work network also via wireless.
When I am at work, starting from about 2 weeks ago I observed Internet traffic more than necessary (mail downloading, surfing on the Internet), the little wireless icon from the down right side of the monitor is almost lightening.
At home it seams that the Internet traffic is normal, the icon is lightening only when I receive my mail or when I am surfing the Internet.
I already run "rkill" and " Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware", no infection was found.
In the same time my Zone Alarm fire wall is signaling me more often that it bloked access to different IPs, this is hapening at work as well as at home.
How can I find out why I have almost continuous traffic at work and why I am receiving more often alerts from Zone Alarm at work as well as at home?
Is somebody looking to my confidential data from may laptop?
I need your help.
Thanks for your time,

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:27 PM

What is ZoneAlarm blocking incoming or outgoing connections?

Can you post the first set of numbers of the IP address its blocking?

What kind of security is setup for your wireless, at home and at work?

The extra traffic at work could be the way the network is setup. It could be malware or a virus so don't count that out. But Zone Alarm is doing its job, it sounds like, blocking traffic.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users