Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Picture It Publishing 2001

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 El_Tel

El_Tel

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 05 August 2005 - 07:24 AM

Ay up Midduk’s…

Picture It Publishing 2001

I have the above “WYSIWYG” pre installed on my PC when new. I’ve got the hang of all it’s :thumbsup: quirks and managed to launch a web site for my Mum, which can be accessed by “User’s Website” tab at the bottom of this post.

My? A way to insert a page counter…

I have several FREE counters already downloaded on my PC; but when I take there code and add it to any or all the pages, when I upload the site that is all that I can see just the code and no counter. I have loads more work to do on this site but this counter is bugging me now! And I’m reluctant to start from scratch.

I’ve tried

Hot-Dog
1stPage
NVU

None of these I’m familiar with and will not let me download my web site.

Regards El Tel

:flowers:
Posted Image

Tarrah then... Why not check my Intro

Many Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jeffro

Jeffro

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 05 August 2005 - 08:54 AM

Picture It isn't really for publishing a web site. In my use with it, I have found that it is more for doing greeting cards. I would suggest downloading 1st page 2000, and get aquainted with using it's "WYSIWYG" interface. Or else, you could learn HTML itself.

About your counter problem. You need to edit the HTML source of your webpage. I reccomend using statcounter.com. To insert the code into your webpage, you must use something other than Picture It. I would suggest opening the pages (they MUST have the .html or .htm ending) and entering the code that statcounter gives you somewhere in the web page with notepad.

If you need anymore help, just ask. :thumbsup:

Edited by Jeffro, 05 August 2005 - 08:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users