Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Folder View & Sort Options

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AzureSkyy

AzureSkyy

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:45 PM

Hi all.

I'm having this really annoying problem that should be solved with a very simple procedure, but that does not seem to be the case and I cannot discover the reason.

What I want is for all of my folders to remember the view settings I set up with them.

I want these settings applied on a global (all folders) scale as..
-- sort:Type, options:Name/Size/Type/Date Modified/Date Created, format:Details.

From there, I will manually change the settings for photo locations to..
-- sort:Type, options:Name/Size/Type/Date Modified/Date Created, format:LargeThumbs.

Now, one might think that I could accomplish this goal by Tools->FolderOptions->View->"Remember Each Folder's View Settings [X]", then setting up a folder in the manner described.
From there, applying these options on a global scale would be as simple as Tools->FolderOptions->View->"Apply To Folders".

Am I incorrect? I've gotten the results I desire from this chain of events in the past; however, it is not performing as expected on this ocassion, and I am frustrated.

My folders commonly revert (on a basis that seems to be entirely spontaneous) to an entirely useless setup of.. sort:Rating, options:Name/Size/Tags/Rating, format:MediumThumbs.
What the hell do I need stars and buzzwords for on my files. I don't. I want useful descriptors, not arbitrary qualitative scales for people who can't remember where they put things, or never understood the concept of naming conventions.

So, anyone have any idea how to fix this? To me it seems to be the case either that there is something wrong with my method or that the computer is failing to generalise and save my settings.

Annoyed,
~Matt.-

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users