Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

extra screen overlay

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 felixL

felixL

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:40 PM

Posted Image

hi

I'm a new member as from today.

I've used computers for some years for emails and for buying personal items and for holiday bookings etc.

I take my laptop with me on holiday when I can and use WIFI and wireless connections when free and available and have few problems.

My system is Windows XP Home and the laptop is nearly 4 years old.

My problem started last month, October 2009, and remains firmly in view.

On Startup , the system runs and loads normally, speed varies but is not overlong.... but I end up with an extra screen overlay which can be seen throughout each session.

This Overlay is in parts.

i...two margin lines, one yellow-orange, the other blue, run parallel to the screen edge from top of the screen down to the bottom.

The margin created is 3 cms wide with 2mm between the lines.

On both sides and between these lines the computer screen is visible and able to be viewed and read as normal.

ii..At the bottom right of these margins is a curved line, similar to a sine curve. The curve starts low, 2 mm from the new margin at the screen edge and rises to the right hand screen (RHS) at 6 cms from the bottom corner.

Behind the curve the screen is hidden by a white non transparent screen.

iii..Starting at the bottom of this curve, and running for some 3cm along the curve is another non transparent leaf shaped opbject, black with hairy? edges.

The line of the curve can be seen running through the leaf as a dotted white line.

iv.. A third new margin line..Black/orange is seen running from top of the curve to bottom,3mm from the RHS.

All icons under this curve and leaf are hidden and can not be accessed.

I have tried to move or alter all these margins and shapes with my mouse but no success.

Using my Computer Event Table for the date 17th Oct 2009 {I was using my laptop on a wired connection at an hotel in London} I used " Bonjour Service" to log on to the system and normal Google search to access information.

The Problem is not too bad but may be growing!! I took a photo of the screen late last night and there seemed to be an extra item . It looked like the pictutre of a playing card, partly hidden by the curve.

I have 2 photos of the Overlay.

Thanks to all , especially those who are still reading..I look forward to hearing from you

felixL

EDIT: Moving to XP
I do not believe this is an infection

Edited by garmanma, 09 November 2009 - 09:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users