Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How long is Sesame Street gonna be 40 years old?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 TheEgg

TheEgg

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:24 AM

Usually google puts up a promotion only for a day to recognize something. But its been days now and theres a new Sesame Street pic everyday.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:47 AM

What's more disturbing to me is how Sesame Street has changed
Cookie monster eats peanut butter sandwiches because cookies are bad for you
Oscar the Grouch is actually nice??
Blasphemy
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:10 PM

No cookies for Cookie Monster? I have not seen that show in a long long time. That is a travesty. How can a Cookie Monster exist without cookies. It is anathema. How did this happen and the populace not rise up in arms? :thumbsup:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:13 PM

I knew there was a reason I stopped watching sesame street. I mean come on, PB&J really isnt THAT much better for you then cookies. if you really want that, peanut butter COOOOOOOOKKKKIIIIIIEEEEES!!!!!

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:45 PM

How long is Sesame Street gonna be 40 years old?

Well... for a year. But I don't suppose it will be Google's theme for that long. :thumbsup:

Top 5 things that never get done:

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,806 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:22 PM

I used to watch Sesame Street 3-4 times a day on Saturdays, and at least once on the week days. I loved it.

Sesame Street is 40? That means I was 3 when the first show aired.

No cookies for Cookie Monster? I have not seen that show in a long long time.

Did you know that the DVD's with the original Sesame Street programs have a parental warning?

“These early ‘Sesame Street’ episodes are intended for grown-ups, and may not suit the needs of today’s preschool child.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/18/magazine...ium-t.html?_r=1

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:38 PM

Did you know that the DVD's with the original Sesame Street programs have a parental warning?

Give me my old cartoons with Elmer Fudd blowing Daffy Duck's beak off with a shotgun
Political Correctness? Bah!!
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#8 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:10 PM

What Garmanma said! I want my Wily Coyote running off a cliff and comically falling! Or even....uh....I can't remember what else there was.....

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#9 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:49 PM

I have a bunch of recordings of 40's-era Bugs Bunny cartoons that are so racist and offensive that they'll never be shown on Cartoon Network. It's actually sad that these cartoons can't be shown to kids today to teach them about bigotry and such.

#10 gully786

gully786

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:29 AM

What's more disturbing to me is how Sesame Street has changed
Cookie monster eats peanut butter sandwiches because cookies are bad for you
Oscar the Grouch is actually nice??
Blasphemy

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO how can they make a change like that

and oscar nice is big bird small now

THIS SOUNDS LIKE A DIFFERENT STREET OR DIMENSION

Edited by gully786, 19 November 2009 - 08:31 AM.

#11 larry f

larry f

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:11 AM

this is because 40 years to seasme street is a real mill stone. i think it was there for a week !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users