Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microphone used to work, but no longer does

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wildbill65401

wildbill65401

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:51 AM

I have a custom built machine that I made in 2006. I have Windows XP (with all of the latest updates) etc etc. Back in May, I had to reformat my hard drive for various reasons. Ever since then, my headpone/microphone combo ceased to work properly. The headphone portion still works just fine, but I can't get the microphone to do anything other than produce static. This past weekend I went to Office Depot and bought a brand new headphone/microphone combo thinking that maybe I damaged the old cord somehow. Alas, it was the same thing, new product.

I have tried to go through all of the possible settings to make sure the microphone settings are turned on etc. Is it possible for the plug-in on my computer to go bad? Did I just miss an obvious driver download when I reformatted the hard drive? I have all of the specifics to what is in my computer at home (I'm at work now) and if this is necessary, then let me know and I'll gather that up tonight. :thumbsup:

Anyways, thanks for your help in advance!

Wild Bill :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users