Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mic issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lord Snow

Lord Snow

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:49 AM

Okay, I've tried everything I can think of, I've looked up solutions on forums around the net and now I'm at my complete wit's end and I have no idea what else I can try.

I have an ASUS m2n-e motherboard with the onboard soundcard that's generally been working alright.

When I upgraded from my Radeon x1600 to HD2600xt, a new entry appeared in my Device Manager going by the name of "High Definition Audio Bus" with a bright yellow question mark and my mic stopped working.

Everything else was fine. The new GPU was going at it and sound was coming properly out of the speakers, just my mic wouldn't register at all.

Now somehow, I got that to work. I don't remember what I did or what combination drivers I used but I managed to get the mic working and so I forgot about it.

Well, recently I had to reformat.

Upon reformatting, again, everything was fine but my mic wouldn't register. I'm pretty sure that I have all of the usual settings done correctly and that the jack is working normally plus the mic/headset works fine (I've tested that on other computers).

I have no idea what I need to do to make this work again and would appreciate any assistance :thumbsup:

If you need any more info about system specs, which drivers I'm using etc, I'll be happy to provide.

I'm running with Windows XPsp2.

Edited by Lord Snow, 09 November 2009 - 09:50 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:17 AM

You didn't say what settings you think are done correctly, so I'll throw this out just in case you haven't done it.
Do you have the sound icon on your taskbar? If so, open it. Do you see the Mic panel? If you do, does it have Advanced in that panel? If so, click on advanced, make sure whatever you see under Other Controls is checked. If not, check it and then click Close.

If you DON'T see Mic panel and/or Advanced within the panel:
Click on OPTIONS on the upper left side.
Choose Advanced Controls, a check mark should appear next to it.
Then click PROPERTIES, place a check mark next to Mic, click OK.
You should now be able to open Advanced in the Mic panel and check to see if your mic is enabled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users