Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lenovo Value (G450/G550) Series or HP or Dell or what???

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dhruv

dhruv

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:10 PM

Hey people...I need ur help. I am stuck and need to decide quick on buying my new laptop. I really like the new Lenovo G550/G450 Value Line Series laptops. But still wanna make sure that i am taking the right decision. As I want the best coz my last one (Dell Inspiron 1525) wasn't that good.

My budget is $500. At the most, i can flex it to $600.

I am mentioning some specs below, please gimme your opnions:

(1) Lenovo G450 - 2949CHU, Intel Dual-Core T4300, 2.10GHz(800MHz 1MB L2 Cache), 14.0 " WXGA LED, 4GB RAM, 320GB, DVD Recordable (Dual Layer), Intel Integrated Graphics X4500, 802.11 b/g, Webcam, VeriFace™ face-recognition software, OneKey™ Rescue System, Windows 7 Home Premium, 6 Cell Battery >> $600 I like this one a lot.

(2) HP Pavilion dv4-1540us, Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T6600(faster processor), 14.1" WXGA HD, 4GB RAM, 320GB, LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVDñR/RW with Double Layer Support, 802.11b/g/n, HP Webcam with integrated digital microphone, 6-Cell Lithium-Ion battery, 1 year warranty, Windows 7 Home Premium >> $570

(3) Some other Dell laptops.

Also the Lenovo promotion is ending on Nov 11th. Shall i buy it or wait for some ThanksGiving Deals???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dhruv

dhruv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:29 AM

people please reply...

#3 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:03 AM

I'm not real big on laptops, I have one just to fool around with, but those don't look to different to me. The HP has a Lightscribe DVD burner which is cool. If you like that. But I'm not real big on HP computers. I don't know much of anything about Lenovo.

So I guess I'm really not much help. What do you plan to do with this computer? If it's for gaming, not such a good idea. If it's just for messing around on the web, and doing things around home, like digital pics, I don't see much difference in them. But the decision is yours, if you like the Lenovo, get it. :blink:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users