Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need some help with an MP3 play by Sony.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jaysnzees

jaysnzees

• Members
  • 310 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:52 PM

It's a year old or more, it was lost forever and recently found. Well, I plug it in and the screen says "Connecting USB (MTP) and of course it has an icon for an empty battery in the corner.

When we first used it, it worked and the battery charging display was different so I know this is not right. I have searched and found the correct drivers, installed them and the whole thing. It then opens Media manager for Walkman...it lists the songs on my PC, but I cannot connect to the device.

I read some similar questions on Fixya, and they have said things like install Window Media Player 11 (I have it) and "Buy a new charger" I was hoping you could do better than that.

please?
What is thy bidding? My Master?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:12 PM

I can make some guesses, but it'd help if you were more specific.

Without knowing what model it is, I would assume that it has a rechargeable lithium battery. Also, when you say "it was lost forever and recently found" I would assume it has gone a lo-ooo-ong time without a recharge.

It can be very difficult (and may be impossible) to recharge a lithium battery that has fully discharged. The best option would be to leave it connected to the "charger" (I assume the computer's USB port) overnight, or longer, to see if it will reach a chargeable level.

If not, you might consider replacing the battery, if that's possible. I really don't think the software in the computer would make any difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users