Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

trouble with forum images

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 amazer

amazer

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:58 AM

I am having problems viewing some images when looking at my fave VW forum. Im not sure when this problem started, although it was about the same time I went broadband. The two may not be related though. Not sure if it happens on other forums, as I dont use them much. I know there is at least one other person on the VW forum having the same problem but we are in a very very small minority.

What happens is that I sometimes cant see attached images. It appears to be totally random. A poster may attach several images. Sometimes I cant see them all, sometimes I can see some but not others. When I say sometimes, I mean I can see pics in post A but not in post B. Coming back to the post B later on, I still cant see an image.oO(Hoping you can all understand what I am saying) Sometimes I cant even see the images I have attached myself, but comments are posted that proves they are really there, other ppl can see them.

I have a D-Link DSL-504T ADSL Router. I think there is some firewall activity happening inside there. Could it be blocking some images for whatever reason? If so, how can I fix it?

Sorry for the large pic to show what I mean. The 2 posts are from the same person, other people can see both pics, I can only see one. I've never been able to see both. Doesnt matter if I use netscape, firefox or IE.
Posted Image
Good friendship is like peeing your pants.
Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,542 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 06 August 2005 - 04:34 PM

There should be a pic in the second post?

#3 amazer

amazer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 07 August 2005 - 04:08 AM

yeah, everyone else can see a picture of the regulator
Good friendship is like peeing your pants.
Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.

#4 lucent

lucent

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2005 - 04:59 AM

can you right click to save the image? Just to check whether you are actually recieving the image from the server correctly or if the problem lies within your computer.

Edited by lucent, 07 August 2005 - 05:01 AM.

Posted Image
Special thanks to efizzer for the signature

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,542 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2005 - 03:49 PM

Do you have another computer you can visit that post from and see if you can see it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users